Every year in January we vow to lay off the Maltesers, stop using the lifts and only drink tequila in an emergency. But this year we're kicking off the resolutions early and getting started on our DoSomethingToday campaign with the DoNation.
The idea is that everyone here in fruit towers makes little changes to reduce their individual carbon footprints that will add up to big changes when we put them together. Our final aim as a business is to save 30,000kg of CO2 – that's the same as the carbon emitted from the production and shipping of 375,000 bananas.
Examples of our pledges are:
- Make meat a treat and cut down on a few meaty meals a week
- On your bike: Swap out petrol for pedals
- Cool cleaning: reduce the temperature of your weekly clothes wash from 40 to 30 degrees.
- Get grounded: take one less flight per year
- Tea time: don’t boil more than you need
- Computer says no: Switch off our computers every night
- Eat up: reduce food waste
Have a look here if you fancy joining in.
Also, here’s a photo of our DoSomethingToday team leader, Brendan, looking very smart and sustainable. You’re welcome.